Thursday, August 11, 2011

The real world is too real for my liking...

What happened to 11am class, eat, 2pm class, go home, nap, homework/social time, bed?! I was looking forward to the 8-4:30 schedule but now I'm not entirely sure what I think about it.  I'll give it time.

Yesterday was the first day of the internship and we were greeted by our wonderful (really!) director Kim.  She is a very strong woman but lucky for us she's empathetic and kind as well.  Here are the 5 other interns (from left) Megan, Abby, Catie, Anna and Emily.


Those giant blue binders that take up the entire table (and soon our lives), are filled with information about our rotations that will start August 23rd.  It also contains information about our 10+ projects we are to do by the end of the year including a research paper, a public policy paper, and an assignment where we get to write 2 articles for the local newspaper and get them published (I'm excited about this one).

We are all anxious about this process-everything we do will be evaluated and monitored.  Plus, yesterday we took a 2 hour pre-test covering all that encompasses dietetics and today we took an hour long test on diabetes.  I realize that I've somehow...um....misplaced much of my UNL education, oops!- but i'll pick it up again I'm sure.  On the flip-side, our rotations only last 1, 2, or 3 weeks so I will constantly be doing something new each week.  Looking forward to getting into the rotations! Tomorrow I take a test on medical terminology that I have to get an 80% on to continue with the program so i'm going to go study! Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment