Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happenings.


Below: Friday afternoon shopping at Soulard Farmers market.  It's my favorite place in St. Louis so far- I got 2 packages of strawberries for $1.00 from a sweet little old man.  


Also, today (Saturday) I went with my roommate Amber to a church called "The Journey" that's just across the park from our place.  It was a great service except for the communion part.  Apparently, in true Jayne fashion, I wasn't paying attention to their way of doing things.  So I went up, got my bread and proceeded to grab the communion cup and tip it to my mouth (just like we do at home!).  The guy holding the cup seemed a bit resistant and I was embarrassed to notice (after I had already tainted the cup with my chapstick and germs) that people were dipping the bread into the cup-not drinking from it.  GOOPS!  I got some looks.  I laughed.


Above: Cloudy view from our dinner spot in the backyard

Below: Amber (roommate) and Matt ready to enjoy some dinner 


1 comment:

  1. Hey Jayne: I am glad you got to participate in communion! The Lord is good. You sound happy.

    ReplyDelete