Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Freedom is(n't) Free.

Tomorrow I start my dietetic internship with the VA hospitals of St. Louis Missouri.  I have no expectations except that i'll be working my butt off for the next 10 months.  Here's what I know about the internship so far:

1.  My internship director prefers that we all try switching to vegan diets.  I'm in.  
2.  I'll be doing clinical, community and management rotations-details to come!
3.  There are 6 of us in the program.
4.  I have to wear white pants some days. Gross.  

So today i'm at Hartford coffee company down the street from my house trying to get myself organized for the coming year by studying medical terminology.  It's going to be an interesting and wonderful year.  

Levi drove me down here and stayed for 4 days-it was great! We went to the zoo, ate A LOT, went to my neighborhood farmers market, did some shopping, and just explored the city.  It was great having him here-it made the move that much smoother.  Needless to say, when he left yesterday a little bit of anxiety set it as I came to the realization that I was alone in an unfamiliar city.  So I embraced the feelings and had a little talk with God to soothe my soul.  This process has made me realize that i'm certainly not alone-I have the support of my amazing family, I've got an incredibly supportive significant other, I live in the BEST neighborhood in STL called Tower Grove South, and God is (and always has been) right there for me.  

Here are my goals for this year, let's see how I fare in the end:

1.  Don't be a hater.  (Welcome every new experience/person with open arms and an open mind).
2.  Keep a mostly vegan diet.  (I'm really excited about this one).
3.  Trust God and be accepting of his plans for my life

Life is Good.

My hood: Tower Grove South Neighborhood


2 comments:

  1. Jayne Jayne Jayne, you forgot to capitalize some of your I's! D:

    Glaring capitalization errors aside, it looks like you're in for a kick-butt time. I have utter confidence in your ability to -dominate- your three goals! Best of luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be watching and reading. Hope it goes well. Why a vegan diet? Uncle Zack

    ReplyDelete